Saturday, January 30, 2010

Welcome back sunshine.

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
James Matthew Barrie.


We got to see some sunshine today. I forgot how beautiful blue skies could look. The past week I went to my doctor and she did some tests. One of the test was to check for vitamin D, and guess what? My count came back low. So now I need to take a vitamin D supplement. Well, I am not surprised that it was low, with this weather we been having, only rain and gray clouds, and even if we did have some sunshine I had no time to enjoy it. But today I got my dose of sunshine. I read that 30 minutes a day is a sufficient amount of vitamin D, for a daily dose. I enjoy this doctor’s recommendation, to sit in the sun, or take a nice long walk, much more than my doctor recommending in taking a pill. I just dont care for pills, do you?
We still had some clouds, but the blue skies were a balm to my soul.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.

Helen Keller.
The winter trees are just too sad without their green dresses, dont you think so?

I also got a fuzzy sunset captured on my camera.

Today I am thankful for the quiet, for the sunshine and blue skies, for the peace and comfort of my home.

Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever.

Horace Mann.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.