Saturday, January 16, 2010

Love is patient.



A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
John 13:34
I am going on a journey. A journey of love. What is love anyway? God has the most amazing and true love for us humans. But we mere humans want to be loved as well as we try to spread love to others. So on this journey of mine, I am exploring the passage from Corinthians about what it means to love. You are welcome to join me on this road a day for each step to learn about what love is. So, without more words, which are just air, here is the whole passage:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. {1 Corinthians 13:4-8}

So the first one is: LOVE is patient.... Yea, this is a hard one, don't you think? I need to be patient with my children, with my husband, when he does something that I need to be patient with...:) Can I succeed? Can I try to be patient to show ONE moment of LOVE? I can with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.