Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Love is not envious.


Love is not envious. A third step in feeling Love. I will not envy when someone has a beautiful home, or has bought new furniture, or has gone on a romantic get away with her husband. I will not be envious. I will cherish what I do have, I will be happy with my old furniture, my not so new clothes. I will be content with my life as it is now, for that is the opposite of being envious of others and their happiness that they may be having. With each day that I am trying to practice Love, I am learning that Love is tough. Yes its tough to do, because my selfish desires and wants only want to love myself. Showing Love with each step is teaching me to be less selfish, and more open and helpful to others. But to tell you the truth it doesn’t come naturally. Thank God, we have Jesus who helps us every day with our Love task.

Envy:
1. To feel uneasiness, mortification or discontent, at the sight of superior excellence, reputation or happiness enjoyed by another; to repine at another's prosperity; to fret or grieve one's self at the real or supposed superiority of another, and to hate him on that account.


Envy not thou the oppressor. Prov.3.

Whoever envies another, confesses his superiority.

2. To grudge; to withhold maliciously.

Who would envy at the prosperity of the wicked?

So you see, in practicing Love I will not envy, or feel in any way badly when someone does a great job at something. But it is an interesting experiment to notice how I behave in certain situations, not realizing that incidentally I envy someone’s happiness or success. Not even realizing what I do, so to pay attention is the beginning of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.