Thursday, April 30, 2009

How delightful!

“But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law does he meditate day and night.” Psalm 1:2
“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4

What does this mean? How do I delight myself in the Lord? Does it mean like I delight myself in a good quality chocolate and a hot cup of green tea? Or a good mocha with whipped cream on top? Or like I delight in a hot, aromatic bubble bath, with scented candles all around me? Or how I delight in going faraway places and seeing different beautiful things? What does it mean to delight in his word, and in the Lord and meditate on it day and night? That’s what He is asking us to do, to delight in Him.
In the dictionary the word 'delight' means: Great pleasure, joy. Amazing that God wants us to enjoy Him and his word so much...

“In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverb 3:6

What does this mean? Does it mean I have to stop what I am doing and look up to Him? In between my dealings with my girls, in between cooking breakfast or lunch? When I am driving somewhere and stuck in traffic? Or falling asleep from exhaustion when I am nursing my little one? Yep, we do need to look up at Him wherever we are and whatever we are doing. Its seems very simple right? It takes a certain mindset, that’s for sure, and just being aware of what I am doing at every moment.

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you shall go: I will guide you with my eye.” Psalm 32:8

How do I know if He is guiding my path? How do I even know which way I am going? I do know that, we all need to be going someplace and not be standing still.

“O taste and see that the Lord is good” Psalm 34:8

How do we taste our Lord? To me tasting something usually means eating food, like good chocolate, good wine, good cheese, etc. Usually when I taste a certain food, it tells me if its good, or bad. Maybe next time I am eating something and tasting, I will remember this verse, and what it means to taste the Lord.

“And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in his salvation.” Psalm 35: 9

I like being joyful instead of being sad, depressed or glum. I bet we all want to be joyful instead of feeling down, but sometimes its so hard to be happy…. Instead I cry tears of sadness, despair, and fear…at least in one thing we can all be happy together, right? Lets rejoice together in our salvation!!! Lets delight in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.