Saturday, April 4, 2009

Loving books!

My girls love it when I read them books. Odelia my two year old made me read her 3 books before her nap today… which is fine sometimes. Sometimes I get lazy so I tell her to read them herself. Do all kids love books?? I do remember when I was a child I loved to read and had a fat book of fables that my father brought me. Is reading books hereditary? If I love reading then my kids will like reading as well? I believe that is not usually the case.
We want to be knowledgeable, but sometimes what we really need is wisdom, and what better book to read than the bible, which is full of wisdom. Sometimes I feel that life is so full of questions, and that its hard to find the answers to my ‘why’ and ‘when’. When I was young and carefree with no husband and no children, I felt that life was hard and sometimes unfair. How little did I know then what I know now. God is the one who gives us wisdom, for He is the one who is Wisdom. His holy bible is his letter to us his children so we can read it and gather wisdom like jewels. I feel that everybody has a story to tell with its troubles and joy. I wonder what makes one person experience problems and sorrow and still come out stronger and a better person for it. While others became bitter and vindictive and just not be able to let go and to live happily.
I still love books, and want my children to love them too. But mostly I want to fall in love in reading the bible and for my children to follow me too.
‘The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction’. Proverbs 1:7

1 comment:

  1. Being wise is what we should all strive for, because life is hard to survive in without this inner knowledge. Which brings us back to Proverbs 1:7.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.