Monday, April 27, 2009

Taking a short break.

Today when I woke up, the sun streaming through my blinds, I wanted to turn on the computer right away to check out the blog world, facebook, emails and things like that. I realized that I am addicted to the Internet, to the blog world. I love reading all the stories people write about. It amazes me how we can interact and get to know each other from different states, different countries, even different continents. I enjoy all the difference of writing style, all the different personalities that I can feel through the written word. So now you know my secret, I am addicted to the Internet.

So this morning when my 3 month old woke me up at 7am, with her little baby talk, I made myself and the baby presentable, then we did some Pilate's moves for my exercises, I read my bible, had some quiet time with Jesus. Took a little walk with the baby in my arms around my garden, enjoying the fresh, crisp smell of early morning. There was a bit of cool breeze from the delta, I imagined that I can even smell the salt from the ocean. Then I made myself a cup of my favorite coffee, and the little one was ready for her morning nap. My older girls woke up, and after giving them breakfast I was able to log in online. I know, I know I cant stay away the whole day!

I took a little break from the Internet world. I wonder how many other people feel addicted to it? If only we were addicted like this to the word of God, to His presence. Over the weekend I realized how life could be so unpredictable. A friend of ours who was a dear christian decided to leave his wife and his children and live a life of a single man. Makes me wonder what our world is coming to? God knows what is in every ones heart, sometimes we can hide it, or the evil things we do, or think. But eventually it will show it self.

'You will show me the way of life, in your presence there is fullness of joy, in your hand there are pleasures forever.' Psalm 16:11
'He brought me forth into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands..' Psalm 18:19-20

2 comments:

  1. Lena- You have such a sweet spirit. Thanks so much for all of the comments on my blog. I love reading them. Sometimes I feel addicted to the Internet too. When you are home with little ones, it is a good link to other women. But, we should probably take some walks outside too?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read "So this morning when my 3 month old woke me up at 7am, with her little baby talk, I made myself and the baby presentable, then we did some Pilate's moves for my exercises, I read my bible, had some quiet time with Jesus." I thought WOW this girl is a SAINT, I should start every morning like that... but when I read on I was glad to discover you're human like me ;) I cancelled our internet service for a week a couple of months ago, because our family needed a break from the internet - it was wonderful, and we were all so productive and happy! It's so hard to find a balance, because on the other hand my blog friendships and resources mean so much to me too. And YES I got my small tokens :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.