Thursday, April 23, 2009

You are more valuable than birds.

Little birds can't fly.
You remember the story I told you earlier in the week about the bee sting? How I told my girls about it? Well the other day my four year old was running around in the yard, and comes back to tell me that she saw a big bee just like the one who stung me on the lake, and maybe it’s the same one, so she just stepped on it with her shoe to kill it. I got worried and told her not to step on any bees, since they could sting you. Later as I was watering the tomato and red pepper plants, and looking at little cucumber shoots, from the seed packet of about 24 plants, only 4 survived… I saw my 4 year old waving her arms and stumping her foot.
“What are you doing?”- I asked her.
“I am trying to scare the bee away”, as I came closer to see what she was pointing at, I saw a tiny baby bird, without any feathers yet. It was dead.
“Are you saying this is the bee?”
“A very large, ugly bee..”
“Its not a bee, it’s a baby bird, it fell from a tree, and now its dead”, my two year old started to cry, as we carried it to the garbage, she wanted to know why we were throwing a baby bird into a garbage, to comfort her I told her that she was actually in heaven with Jesus, and then there was a long discussion on how birds and animals die, and why they die, and what happens when you are dead. My four year old was very upset that she stepped on a bird and not a bee that stung my foot. My husband thinks the bird died when it hit the ground, since the nest was so high up.

The day before that, my four year old gave her heart to Jesus, which was very sweet. I wish we all could have the simple faith of a child, maybe that’s why Jesus told us to be like children. Innocent and precious. That night as she prayed to Jesus, she thanked Him for sunshine, for clouds, for grass, for a dandelion, for a dead baby bird, and sorry that she stepped on it..
If only our life was that simple, or maybe it is, we just tend to worry so much about every little thing, and Jesus said we shouldn't’t worry about things that we have no control about.
‘Therefore I say unto you, don't worry about everyday life- whether you have food, and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds, they don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them, and you are far more valuable to him than they are. Can all your worried add a single moment to your life? Of course not.’ Matthew 6:25
‘..for your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.’ Matthew 6:32-33

I worry so much about my family, my children, finances, and so many more things of everyday life. I wish everything could be more simple and carefree. I believe that is not possible in this life, that is how life is made for us to have hardships, sorrow, struggle, pain, and worry. I love the happy days and I am so thankful to my Jesus for days of sunshine and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.