Saturday, May 30, 2009

Scripture Saturday. Womb.


Today God is putting on my heart to talk about babies. Well not really babies, but a woman's womb. Strange topic? We will see.

When the LORD saw that Leah was not loved, he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren.

Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and opened her womb.

Because of your father's God, who helps you, because of the Almighty, who blesses you with blessings of the heavens above, blessings of the deep that lies below, blessings of the breast and womb.

But to Hannah he gave a double portion because he loved her, and the LORD had closed her womb.

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Isaac prayed to the LORD on behalf of his wife, because she was barren. The LORD answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant.

He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.

It is God who closes our wombs, and who opens it. He is the one who blesses us with children. He is the one who created us and knows how we are made, what we go through when we are pregnant, how it is to go through labor, how it is to love a tiny human being. He knows. He knows me, and He knows you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.