Sunday, July 12, 2009

To revere in His name...


I have loved you," says the LORD.
"But you ask, 'How have you loved us?

I started to read the book of Malachi, its interesting. Only 4 chapters in it... I like that. :) But it is full of wisdom, and Gods voice.
A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?" says the LORD Almighty
"You place defiled food on my altar.
"But you ask, 'How have we defiled you?'
"By saying that the Lord's table is contemptible. When you bring blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice crippled or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?" says the LORD Almighty.

Now days we do not need to bring offering to our God, but He does like for us to offer praise, glory and be full of good works. Do we serve Him with all our hearts, or do we do it half heartily, loving the sin, and the things of this world?
But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. We need to revere in his name... revere, or reverence means--to regard with fear, respect, and affection. Have you ever had this feeling? I think we can only feel like that toward God. Only He is worthy of our affection, our respect, our fear. Are your kids afraid of you? Probably not, but they know that if they misbehave there will be consequences, that's how we are to our God as well, we are not afraid, but we know that there are consequences if we sin, if we chose the worldly pleasures over the godly way of life. So, if I do revere in His name, I get healing in return. Healing of my soul, my body, my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.