Thursday, February 11, 2010

I lie in wait.


I lie in wait under the heavy, feather blankets

My dreams are few, but sweet and deep they are

I wait for light, for warm sun filled breezes

I wait for seeds of love, of hope and dreams

I listen to the songs of birds outside my windows

I long to stretch and melt the wintry ice

To show the silver strand of jewels glistening

To dress the peaks with lacey flower show

With glimpses of the silky green beneath



But now I wait, and lie beneath the heavy feather blankets

And dream my visions of the sweet warm summer breeze

Of silky green and flower lace

Of silver jewel kisses

And golden, brilliant light caress.
 
(Mother earth - waiting for spring)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.