Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The tree of good and evil.



..Your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked… {Genesis 3:5-6}


I wonder if still do that…. See something that looks good to eat or to have, that is pleasant to our eyes, and we think it gives us wisdom, when in truth its nothing more then an illusion or something that can only bring us despair and possibly death.

I wonder if there are things in my life that bring me knowledge of good and evil. Sometimes just evil. Maybe some TV shows don’t bring me any good knowledge but only evil? Or some books? Magazines? Anything else? Just a question that popped into my head as I started to read Genesis again.

There are a lot of things in this life that may seem pretty and satisfying when in truth are only there to make us think that we are satisfied and happy. Or they give only temporary relief and enjoyment. I am here to find the long lasting satisfaction that only comes from the Lord who has the water of life, and we will never thirst again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.