Sunday, July 5, 2009

The wonder of sun, moon, fireworks and lightning..


And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Revelation 21:23


I would love to see this kind of city, wont you? Where light is God himself?? Amazing. But I do love the sun and the moon we have on this earth… God made everything so beautiful. In the bible it says that everything one day be destroyed by fire, how sad. But, God does know how everything should be. We see all around us how evil people are becoming, how selfish, how mean.

The blessed weekend is here. I am happy to be home with my little girls, eating pancakes for breakfast, going shopping, taking walks, drinking root beer floats on a hot Sunday afternoon, working in the garden. The sun is bright, the sky is blue. It seems that there are no worries at all, everything is perfect as can be. When in fact there are a lot of people who are going through problems or pain. Worries about the economy, the house not selling, and not being able to pay for it. The car payments could be overwhelming, the debt is piling up. Some states are going through flooding, while others are desperate for rain.

It is easy to be blinded by ourselves. To only think of myself, and my family. To only see the problems I have, and the struggles I am going through. Sometimes I am so insensitive that I don’t even notice what my dear husband is struggling through. We talk and it opens my eyes. I pray, and God opens my eyes on other people and the problems they may have, the worries they feel, the troubles they are facing. I pray, sometimes that’s all I can do. God loves our heartfelt cries for help, especially if it is for someone we don’t even know, or someone I see in church and see her tears. She must be going through something. A coworker going through marriage problems. God help them. Our God is so amazing he knows what everyone is going through, he knows their heart. I as a bystander may not know the full story, but by praying for that person makes me more aware of others, makes me more compassionate.

We took the girls to see the fireworks last night. It was the first year that we could actually enjoy the whole display, and not go home early with someone crying that it was too scary, or they were tired, or needed to go to the bathroom. It was an awesome sight. So beautiful, and colorful. All the girls were so good, Ariana laughed with delight, as Odelia clapped her hands sitting high in my hubby's arms. I held the baby and she was so good, even though it was way past her bedtime.

Do you know how it will be when Jesus comes to earth?

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. Matthew 24:27,30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.