Friday, July 31, 2009

One of my favorite things.... sunshine.

The peach, pink, and baby blue light filtering through the early hours of the morning, waking me out of my comfy bed. The golden sunrise, grand and majestic as it rises in the early sky. The day is fresh, the air is sweet. I had to wake up 1 hour earlier today, and drive to work at 6:30am. Got to see the beautiful day waking up. I love the early hours, it makes waking up so early worth it. The sunshine warms my face and heals all the coldness surrounding my heart.

‘Jesus replied: 'If anyone loves me he will cherish my word; my Father will love him and we will come to him and make him our abode.
John 14:23’

Such promise to hold on to. He will love us, He will come to us, and make a home with us. If only we cherish his word. If only we love him. Love is such an amazing feeling, we all thrive when we are loved. Like a flower that turns its petals to the sun, that’s how we need the love of God. He is our sun and shield. It means we will not get sunburned if we sit in his presence and soak up the warm sunshine. God is light, and whoever walks to him will see all the darkness of their souls revealed in his light.

This morning I listened to the radio, and Avalon came up. It went something like this: If you were not here tomorrow, I can not go on. If you were not here today, I can not survive.

So true. God is my sunshine, my light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.