Friday, July 17, 2009

We all want to see our childrens-grandchildren.


Friday is here... made a dinner of baked chicken with potatoes, a salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, sprinkled with olive oil, salt, pepper, and some balsamic vinegar. Simple and easy, that's the way I like it.

The weather is hot, and dry. The air is still. The girls helped me water the flowers, which wilted from the heat. Now, its time to relax, to drink ice-tea, and eat all kinds of goodies. I look at my girls and wonder how they will grow up, get married, and have their own children... I am not rushing them, I let them be small children for as long as possible... but I still wonder how the times will be in our children's age, when they are all grown up, and have their own children...?

Thank God that we live in a peaceful country, with no bombs blowing us to our deaths, like this morning in Indonesia. Its a scary time, we live in now. The other day on the news there was a plane that went down, killing a lot of people. My mother in law said that it is scary to fly now... but in truth, the danger lies everywhere we turn. In riding the train- it can overturn, get off the tracks... In driving a car- you can get in a car accident... In driving a bike- and get ran over by a car... Even in walking- you could be ran over as well. So, everywhere I turn there is danger. Even sleeping, who says that I will wake up tomorrow, and be OK? My uncle at age 40 had a heart attack, he survived, but not everyone does.

Life is unpredictable. Life is scary, but we don't have to be scared. Enjoy life, live it to the fullest, do good deeds, smile often, spread love to all, and have children if you can. Then a little part of you will continue living in your child even if you are not there to see them for yourself. But I do hope all of us grow old and gray and be able to enjoy the grandchildren of our children..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.