Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Is your glass half empty?


The glass is empty, the glass is full. The soul is empty, the soul is full. What is your soul filled with?

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13

My life seems so busy lately, working, with so much to do, with chores to finish, dinner to cook, the never ending laundry... the list goes on and on. I get so tired emotionally and physically that by the time I get to bed I am so drained and ready for sleep. But my soul is empty, its feels lonesome, it feels like I am missing a piece of something. Its hard to fall asleep. It makes me remember that I forgot to pray, to praise, to emotionally connect with my God, that's why I feel like that. I feel empty. Nothing really filled my heart. I may try to fill my life with work, with people, with friends, with music, with new books, with my precious little children, even with church and other things... But if it is not with God, my soul feels like its missing a piece. Is that funny or what? Do you ever feel like that, like something is missing, a little piece of your heart? Have you ever personally felt being filled to overflowing with the greatness of God? Our God is amazing, He doesn't fill us with small bits, but fills our hearts with praise, with joy, with glory, with love, with amazing peace. Then you want to jump with the happiness, and it overflows to others... even if you are going through hard times, He still fills you with His understanding, and peace.

Dear Jesus, Clean my soul from the dirt of jealousy, bitterness, sadness, and despair. I wish to be filled with You my Saviour, to overflow with love, peace, joy and understanding. Help me come to you for a constant refill, for I am thirsty...and needy.

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that you might be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.