Thursday, July 23, 2009

My 1st garden ever.

Today a lot of families grow their own veggies, fruits, and herbs. Some do it for fun, others for the taste, while others to save money. This is the first year we had a yard to be able to plant our garden.
Look at these tiny little leaves, tiny fruit, this is how my tomato plant looked like a few months prior.

This is what my cucumbers looked a few months before.

These are my tomatoes now! Getting more red everyday. I don't know if I will be able to eat the store bought ones, after trying some of homegrown ones. If you ever tried any you would agree.

Here are my cucumbers, now. Green, long and prickly. They smell delicious when cut in half...good on a sandwich, or in a salad.

With this being my first garden, and with my mother-in-law's help, everything turned out better then I could have imagined. Next year I will plant more of a variety, of different veggies. Maybe a few fruit trees too? Just imagine opening your eyes to a window where you can see apple blossoms in the spring, and red-delicious apples in the fall... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.