Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday morning. Lets pray....


Life for the Christian is a dialogue with God.
J. H. Oldham


I woke up to a bright sunshine, and my toddler yelling “mommy” as she was trying to open her door. That’s how my Sunday started. A beautiful day, the weather crisp and fresh in the morning, the sky light blue. I let my hubby sleep in on Sundays, as I prepare breakfast and play with the kids. I took a walk outside to look at my plants. My garden needs watering, the flower bed needs weeding. The tomato plants are heavy with fruit, green and round. My basil leaf finally started to grow, it will probably start to flower one of these days. The cucumber plants are growing taller everyday, and under nit all the clinging leaves are yellow flowers, where the tiny cucumbers are starting to appear. I am so amazed by the different types of plants, and their characteristics, it just shows how amazing our God is. He made every plant so unique, even the basic tomato, it has so many different varieties. I have about 6 different tomatoes growing in my yard. The tiny yellow pear ones, the tiny red round ones, the big juicy tomatoes, and the ones that look like a large plum. Growing my own vegetables is sure a new experience to me, thanks to my mother-in-law, I believe the garden will produce something we will be able to eat soon.

I went to church yesterday with my family. Listened to a nice sermon, while trying to keep my kids quiet. I enjoy hearing interesting ways of simple verses from the bible, it seems like every time I read or hear a certain verse, it opens up more and more to me. It is a living word, so that is not surprising. The sermon was about praying often and constantly. The Muslims in their religion have certain times when they pray, where ever they are, they stop what ever they are doing and pray. We as Christians sometimes forget to pray. To talk to our heavenly father. Imagine your child growing up and calling you only like once a week, would that satisfy you? Will that be a close relationship? We are Gods children, and he wants to hear from us daily, constantly… about our fears, problems, sadness, happiness, about everyday life. We need to thank him for everything he does for us. For the beauty that surrounds us. I had the pleasure of being by the ocean last week, and it was so awesome, so powerful, so amazing. God created the big blue ocean and the white sand. He created me and you, and gave us our precious children. He is amazing. He is worth our praise, and our prayers every hour of our life. (well maybe at least 3 times daily?)

For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.... He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near” (Ephesians 2:11a, 12-14, 17)

From one man He [God] made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us” (Acts 17:26-27)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.