Sunday, June 21, 2009

Run away with me?


Do you feel like running away sometimes???

When we’re going through difficult times, it can be hard to see God at work in our life. Sometimes we begin to question whether He’s really paying attention to our prayers. Sometimes we begin to question if He even cares what we are going through.

If you’re going through a tough time in your life right now, I want to encourage you that God is hearing your prayers. He does care. And He really is there. You may even find that God is at work doing the most important work He’s ever done in your life. Keep looking up. Keep trusting in God to work things out for His glory. I am bad at looking up at God, when something troubling is happening in my life, I start to complain, I get upset, and I ask why do I have to endure this. Why does my life need these raging waters, my boat can barely stay afloat. Looking back at the storms in my life I am a bit ashamed of how I handled it, not so well... I am hoping with each storm I get stronger, and not weaker. I like the peaceful weather, the sun, the beautiful blue sky... no wind. Apparently, I don't grow in my life if I have good weather, but as soon as the hardship comes, I cry out to God and He is there for me to lean on. There is a song that goes somewhat like this: On darkest night, the stars shine brighter, when sorrow is close, God is even closer.

“In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory” (Ephesians 3:12-13).

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).

Whatever you’re facing today, keep putting your faith in Christ. Keep trusting Him that He will work all things for your good as you continue to love Him, no matter how hard it may seem at the time.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written and very true! Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this encouraging post, Lena. I'm happy to meet you. Thanks for following my blog. I hope your week is off to a happy start!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.