Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sorrel soup.


Sometimes my life is so blah.... nothing seems interesting, or fun... my moods turn for the worse, and I could be difficult to live with. Hey, I admit that I could be a pain somewhere. Usually I try to see the positives of everything, try to be cheerful, and content. Some days it is just not possible. Either the kids are too cranky and wild, or my hubby is in his daily church commitments, and not home for me to lean on. Some days the sun is not shining, or it is too bright for my tired eyes. I try to pray, I try to read the bible. Sometimes I cant. Sometimes I want to run away from my life, from all the problems and struggles.

I went to see my doctor today for my first physical. Never had one before. It wasn't too bad. My blood pressure was low. Doctor wants to do some fasting labs tomorrow, to re-check the results I had when I was pregnant with my 3rd little girl. I will try to remember not to eat breakfast, or drink my coffee tomorrow morning.

With working full time, I try to simplify my life. Less things = less mess, less for me to clean up. Cook bigger portions, so we can have left-overs the next day.

Like yesterday I made a sorrel soup, with onion, potatoes, and carrots. With a hard boiled egg. We had that with tuna melt sandwiches. I wish I had a digital camera to show you the final results.
Boil sliced up potatoes in water, or chicken stock. Stir-fry shredded carrot, and onion in some olive oil until golden brown. Add chopped sorrel, carrot, onion mixture to the cooked potatoes. There should be enough liquid in the pot with all the veggies cooking to make a nice soup consistency. Add salt, black pepper to taste. Before serving, chop up a hard boiled egg into the bowl, and add a tablespoon of sour cream on top. Sprinkle some fresh herbs, like dill or parsley. Enjoy...

Today, I boiled some potatoes in skins, steamed broccoli and served them in a butter, garlic sauce. Tomorrow we can still have left-over sorrel soup, with grilled cheese sandwiches, and I also have chicken breasts de-frosting, to fry some chicken patties. For dessert we have store bought cookies, ice cream, or fruit. My hubby bought some beautiful apricots, and they are delicious. Again, too bad I don't have a digital camera, I bet you would have enjoyed the color of these beauties. Talking about food sure cheers me up, he he?? Lets talk about a chocolate cake, and I will start singing.... :))

The weather is lovely this evening, and even though I am home without my husband again, at least I have my 3 little girls with me to keep me company. I wish you a cheerful evening. Sorry about the glum beginning.

1 comment:

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.