Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dark moments.

My friend is going through some hard times. Her husband has cancer of the esophagus. The surgeon was going to do surgery and take the cancer out, but it spread, now there is no chance for surgery, just chemo. Today they even stopped the chemo, since it gave him sores in his mouth and all the way down his esophagus. Poor guy cant even eat, its so painful. He is going through mood swings, the ups and downs. One day he just wants to stop all the treatment and just die, while another day he wants to live and survive. Its heart wrenching to see my friend so heartbroken, while I know this is just the beginning of the dark times in her life.

The saddest part of all this is that my friend doesn't know Jesus as her personal saviour. She doesn't have His strong presence to fall on, when the going gets really tough.. Doesn't have the love of Jesus to wrap her in his arms when its unbearably dark and scary... And I don't know how to show her to Jesus. I pray for her and her family, I pray for a miracle... but is there anything more I can do for her? May God give me wisdom to help her in any way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.