Monday, September 28, 2009

If you seek -you shall find.

Sometimes I get so busy that I don’t have time to seek God. The business of everyday just seeps away at my happiness, my fulfillment, my reason to live. I look for the everyday things to fill me up, to make me happy. I look in all the wrong places. I want my husband to make me happy, I want my children to make me feel content and fulfilled. If things happen to prevent my spending time with my husband, or my time with my children is not as much as I think I need to have, I get upset, demanding, or just sad.


But God being the ever-loving father, is leading me down a road I have not walked on before. The road of happiness based not on earthy things. Not based on my family, friends or work. Nothing in this life can truly satisfy my craving for eternal peace, for joy inside my heart, for a smile on my face no matter the circumstances. When I base my happiness on Him, to know that only He can give me true joy, then no matter what happens in this life, I am content to be in his loving embrace.

You will make me know the way of life. In Your presence are fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forever. Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.