Saturday, September 19, 2009

The last days of summer.


The summer just doesn't want to let go here in the city. Some people I hear already state that they are tired of summer and cant wait for the coolness to arrive.... including my husband. I tell him that eventually it will get colder, we will get our first 'real' rain.


Driving home from church I noticed that we had some beautiful white clouds, like a stairwell to heaven. Thin, long, white clouds in straight lines across the sky- like in Jacob's dream a stairwell to heaven. I noticed when we start to love Jesus, we get little gifts from him, ranging from a favorite song I was dreaming about, that comes up on the radio at the exact moment when I need it. Or a beautiful miracle in the sky. Or you meet someone who just touches your soul and in everything you feel God.


Last week I heard a sermon on prayer, where the pastor was saying how we need to have specific times in our day to talk to God. Morning, afternoon, and evening- to go to our secret place where no one can hear or disturb us and pray.


'But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then you father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.' {Matthew 6:6}


It was a commitment I made and it was an amazing experience. I urge everyone who wants to experience 'Prayer' to its fullest, to set up times during the day, that you would stop everything you are doing and go to your secret spot and pray. You will be amazed. If I can do it, while working full time and having three little girls, then I am positive you can do it too. But I have to warn you, its a commitment you have to make for yourself. As soon as you do, you will experience a rush of so much to do, and just the craziness of life wants to sweep you away to prevent you from praying. I am sure you know who is against us praying, but God is stronger than what is against us.


After starting on the prayer path I got to experience so much joy and peace. All the problems of before just seem not as huge as before, I know that God has everything in his control. Well, of course!! Imagine me reminding Him every 2-3 hours. :))

'God did this so that men would seek him and grope out for him and find him, though he is not far from each on of us.' {Acts 17:27}

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lena, about the prayer thought. I should try that. Life does seem to carry us away, but we need to stop, and make this moment with God.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.