Saturday, August 29, 2009

They flourish like a palm tree.....

I always loved trees... Magnificent old oak trees, a willowy, white birch trees... Green, blue spruce trees or tropical, prickly palm tree... Our God is an amazing creator, if we want to count all the species of trees there are we would never be able to remember or recollect them all. On our honeymoon almost 10 years ago, my hubby and I spend a day wandering through the San Diego's many museums, art galleries, and gardens... there was a palm tree conservatory, that collected, if I remember correctly, about 50 if not more different varieties of palm trees... so beautiful, so tropical... A palm tree always reminds me of being on a vacation... spending time on a beach, with the warm ocean lapping at my feet.... the sun, the palm trees swaying in a breeze..


'The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, the Lord is upright, He is my rock..' Psalm 92:13


'Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers...' Psalm 1:1-3


So if we seek to do right, to live with integrity, to help others, to seek God... we will be like a tree growing by the water... we would not wither and die, but live and flourish like a palm tree...:)

1 comment:

  1. I smiled when I saw that passage of scripture, because it's one of my husband's favorites. He quotes it to me, now that we are entering the second half of our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.