Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sorry, but we dont eat pork.


I was raised in a family where my mother, my grandparents did not eat pork, due to belief that we should follow everything that God specified in the bible. Growing up I was not really sure what to believe, until I married and started to read the bible for myself. Having a strong wish in pleasing God, striving to be godly and holy in His eyes led me into an interesting bible journey.  I know that we don't get saved through works alone. Jesus has died on the cross for every sinner, He died for us instead and now in believing in Jesus, I am saved. But being saved from the sinful life, is not a sure way to a heavenly kingdom, we need to lead a godly, holy life, with our strong faith in Jesus.

1Pe 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.By his wounds you have been healed.


Jas 4:4 You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.


Ok to eat pork from the bible point of view?

The above link is from a wonderful writer who explained in a much better way than me about what the law of God is all about. :)

I am reading this interesting book that I recommend for all to read. Finding rest in this hectic world. 
Its called Sabbath, restoring the sacred rhythm of rest by Wayne Muller.

"We equate choice with freedom, but they are not the same. If we exercise our choice to covet or to steal or to live without rest, we will soon feel trapped and unhappy. We equate choice with nourishment, but a dozen different soft drinks, potato chips, and candy bars provide no vitamin C, iron, protein, beta carotene-or any significant nutrition at all. Regardless of how many choices we pile one upon the other, it is still a big, fat, empty meal. Freedom of choice can be as painful as it is precious."
So lets try to read the bible in its amazing wisdom, pray for God to give you guidance in what you should follow and how He wants you to lead your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.