Thursday, November 18, 2010

Prayer.


Dear Father in heaven,
Forgive me my Lord, my many transgressions, my many sins, my many unpleasant words and thoughts.
Forgive me all the things I said I would not do but I did, and all the things I said I would do but did not.
I want to find you my Lord and Savior, I need to rest in You...
I am seeking your holy presence each moment of each day, in each face, in each flower, in the clouds that rush over the sky, in the wind that blows into my face.
I listen for you soft voice in every song, in a birds melody, in a thunderstorm... in a quiet- empty church.
My eyes are looking for you... Oh where are you my friend, the lover of my soul?
My soul is starving for you, my God.
Like a child lifting up his arms to his parent, I lift up my hands to you my Father.
I need you, oh how I need you.
Where are you my Lord and Savior?
My heart is achy without you, and no one can fill me up, nothing can give me happiness or pleasure, like I find in only your presence. You are my strength and my light, you lift me up, and guide my feet on rocky ground. I cry to You in my sorrow, my tears are all in your hands, you hear my chocked whisper... don't forsake me now.... for I need you so. The road is dark and lonely without you. You are my true love, my true friend, my true Redeemer.
And then I find you, oh I am blessed.... I am loved, I am saved, I am one with Him. He is in me, and I am in him. My soul has found the true joy, the true happiness, the light and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.