Monday, November 15, 2010

The season of bearing fruits.

I am seeking everywhere for the fruits of the Spirit. I seek inside me, I seek around me, I seek it in others, I seek for this is the season. As we planted the seeds in the spring time, we watered, we waited and in the fall we collected a beautiful harvest of beautiful firm fruits: apples, pears, plums, grapes.... Just like we collect the harvest in the fall season, that's how we can gather the harvest of our soul if we live in the spirit of God....our body is compared to a tree bearing fruit.

Col 1:10
Gal 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Gal 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Gal 5:25

I want my tree to bear fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control.... that would be a truly rich harvest. God would be most pleased. Yes, I know that we are saved by grace, but being saved now, we should be like a good healthy tree that will bear lots of fruits. Lets look together now, into our heart, our soul and see what is growing on our lips- words of kindness and patience? What are we full off, gentleness and self control?  I am just hoping its nothing like the book of Galatians states in the below verses.

Gal 5:19
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, Gal 5:21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Lets live not according to our sinful flesh, but lets live according to the Gods spirit. May God bless you as you walk in Him.
If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.