Saturday, December 26, 2009

Genesis is talking to me.



The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, "Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live. Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham. I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham listened to my voice and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws. Genesis 26:2-5


What is this passage telling me?

1. God does not want me to go to this world but to live in gods ‘land’ when the road gets hard.

2. When I listen to God, he will be with me, and with my children.

3. All nations are blessed through one person, Abraham, because he listened to his voice and kept his commands.

4. If I listen to God and keep his commands, and try to live a godly life, my children will be able to have the blessings of God through me…. Is that even possible? An amazing gift God gives us.

Does the bible verses speak to you like they speak to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.