Sunday, November 15, 2009

Every day is a new beginning.



Every day I have a new day, a new dawn, a new sun, a new sky, a new beginning. Every day is a new leaf in my life's story book. When I die, my book will be shown to me, page by page from beginning to end, what will I see? Happy days, productive days, full of fruit or just time spend in pursuit of my own pleasure or wasted time that was lost in the busyness of every day. I do hope when I stand before the altar of God I will not feel shame for wasted, useless time, but happiness in having brought forth the goodness of mankind.


So why is it that it is so hard to choose to do good, instead of evil. Its easier to be selfish than kind. Much more simpler to go through life choosing only what I enjoy and what brings me pleasure. Of course I don’t say we should not be happy or have enjoyment, oh no, not at all, its just that we should be looking out for others more, then for ourselves. Its so easy to only think of ourselves, and not care of other people. We are afraid to look someone in the eyes, to smile, to shake their hand, to give them a compliment, to offer our help, or to walk that extra mile in their shoes.... How often it happens, huh? So, that’s why I wonder why is it so hard to spread love....??

Every day I look back at all the things I did, and try to remember if I brought even a little smile to another’s face, if I spread even a little sunshine, happiness to someone else. If I made someone else's life easier or gave someone a bit of warmth and love. It could be as simple as smiling at someone or helping a neighbor. It could be hugging my husband instead of pushing him away when he hurt my feelings. It could be saying a nice word to a stranger, which will make their life a bit brighter and they will spread it to another.... then I lived a good day... a day that will have a flower or a fruit on the page of my life book, instead of thorns, or just dry leaves.




1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post Lena it made me think and I agree with you some times it is difficult to chose to love each other in a genuine and forgiving way... blessings and hugs♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.