Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Death.



My friends husband died last month, after fighting with cancer for the past year and a half. I went to his funeral. It was sad and touching to be there, to remember him, to see his family, to hear the great things said about him.

My distant relatives 18 month old baby boy, drowned in his family pool the past week. I did not go to his funeral, too far to travel. But my heart was broken for the parents, for the siblings who cried and wanted to know why the baby was not waking up. Its just too sad.

Life is so precious and so short, we never know what will happen to us or our loved ones. Cherish the everyday things. Don't take anything for granted.

Death is so unfair, takes precious life from our grasp. I am glad that at least knowing that if we believe in God and love Jesus with our whole heart, our soul, and our thoughts, we will see our loved ones in heaven, where we will join them too.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.