Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wait for His strength.


Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him;
Fret not yourself because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Fret not yourself, it leads only to evildoing.
For evildoers wil be cut off,
But those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land.
Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place, and he will not be there.
But the humble will inherit the land,
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
{Psalm 37:7-11}

It's good to know that our God is for us, even when everyone else is against us. Or sometimes it just seems like that. In knowing that we have a heavenly Father who watches our every faltering step is a comfort indeed. In knowing that my Lord will keep my children safe even when I am not there to watch them or to guide them is a relief. But often I forget that God is there for me at my every breath and every moment, I rely on my own strength and my own abilities, and how often I fall with exhaustion with not being able to make everything go just right.

Forgive me Lord for being impatient, for not relying and waiting on your strength and power. Help me learn as I watch You walk through my everyday life… and I thank you, for You fill me up with light and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.