Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Separation is painful.


Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
"I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."


"Therefore come out from them

and be separate, says the Lord.

Touch no unclean thing,

and I will receive you."

"I will be a Father to you,

and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 1 Cor. 6:14-16
 
Such strong words. Such amazing promises! It's hard to separate ourselves from this world and all the sinful things this world is offering us. All the glitter and jazz. I was thinking about this and was discussing with my husband how hard it is to know if someone is a Christian or not. For instance if I am in public, will someone know right off that I am different, that I am a Christian? One day I was passing by a lady in a doctors office, and saw that she was reading a Bible.... Wow! That’s really one of the ways we can know that she loves the Lord, if we see someone reading or praying or just portraying that light and goodness. Its an amazing sight... I am sure God loves it too.

I may be wrong, but maybe the way we do things that’s what separates us from people who don’t believe in God?

1. Going to church as often as we can.

2. Reading the bible as our book of choice. Our living bread and water.

3. Praying constantly, speaking of God.

4. Portraying the words of God all around us.

5. Dressing modestly.

6. Speaking wisely, avoiding gossip, and lies.

7. Being filled with Gods peace and love, which means we wont get easily angered.

8. Forgiving others and not repaying in evil.

9. Knowing that we are not perfect but striving to be like Jesus.

I am sure there are a lot of other characteristics of being a Christian that I forgot, and maybe some of these things you may not agree with, but God will ask me and you personally to account for how you believed in your own heart, if your conscience is not clean, seek yourself and find guidance in the bible.

I love reading this website…http://visionarydaughters.com/ there is so much guidance in there for young girls, and for older women. You may like it too…:)

May God bless you and keep you in His guidance and strenght.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.