Thursday, March 29, 2012

The power of positive thinking.


I went to the library the other day to get the book I ordered earlier last week. As soon as I was notified that it arrived, I rushed to get it... Its called The power of positive thinking. I started to read it last night, and so far, I find it pretty interesting. Its based on a Christian way of thinking, which I love, and it has a lot of interesting ideas. Here are some just from the first chapter.
1. Believe in yourself. Read & repeat the words from Philippians 4:13~~
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
2. The greatest secret for eliminating deep and profound self-doubt, is to fill your mind to overflowing with faith. Develop a tremendous faith in God and that will give you a humble yet soundly realistic faith in yourself.
3. The acquiring of dynamic faith is accomplished by lots of prayer, by reading and absorbing the Bible, and by practicing its faith techniques.
4. Ordinary problems could be met by ordinary prayers, but when 'big problems' come along, we need to pray deep prayers. To get anywhere with faith, you need to learn to pray big prayers, for God rates us according to the size of our prayers, for scriptures say, "According to your faith be it unto you". (Matthew 9:29)

Those were just some of the points that I found interesting. A lot of us have self doubt, which sometimes hurts our chances at true happiness and freedom. I hope you will find for your self the many points he shows us in his book, and you don't even have to buy the book, just order it from the library. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.