Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Life or death?

A life began in darkness, a life snuffed out without regret, who will pay the price? The sadness engulfs me. How can people conceive a life and decide that it’s not something they can give birth to, and decide in a one day decision to take a pill to end a life? How can it be? Why are there some people who believe that it’s a nothing, it’s just a lump of tissue. How can it be? I told her that maybe she can have the baby and give it up for adoption. She said she can’t do that to her baby, will not be able to carry it for 9 months and then give it up. But it is much simpler to just let it go now? To just not even carry it, undeveloped, unlived… I am just emotional and upset about his little human life. So don’t mind me and my emotions. I just hope you are never in this situation to do this to your body and your baby. Life is life, no matter when you choose to end it.


When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil.


- Max Lerner

The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.


- Hannah Arendt, author

Evil (ignorance) is like a shadow. It has no real substance of its own, it is simply a lack of light. You cannot cause a shadow to disappear by trying to fight it, stamp on it, by railing against it, or any other form of emotional or physical resistance. In order to cause a shadow to disappear, you must shine light on it.


- Shakti Gawain

1 comment:

  1. Lena,
    I'm sad with you, (and I love your quotes). Thanks for coming to my blog today, and folowing. You have 3 beautiful blessings. My daughter nannies for 3 boys almost exactly the same ages:) I love your flowers on your blog!
    Blessings,
    Wendy
    Faith's Firm Foundation

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.