Monday, December 13, 2010

When walking through the wilderness of life.



Psa 63:1
A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Psa 63:2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Psa 63:3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. Psa 63:4 So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. Psa 63:5 My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, Psa 63:6 when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; Psa 63:7 for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. Psa 63:8

Sometimes our life is so hectic, so busy, so parched from all the many things we need to do and to accomplish. Sometimes we feel that we are walking in this wilderness of life, a season of drought, sometimes of sadness and despair. We seek God, we look around, wondering if God can hear us.

Oh, how often I lose sight of God, of his promises, his goodness and grace. How often I feel sad, lost and not really sure where I am going or what am I supposed to be doing. Who am I as a woman? A wife, a mother, a working employee, lost in the traffic of everyday noise. I love it when God points his light on me, and I can see myself in his goodness, his power, makes me fall to my knees in gratefulness, in remembrance of who I am and what I am supposed to be. I am so glad God keeps track of all the minor details, all the wasted hours and all the flutter of every breath.

If only I would seek His holy face everyday for guidance and wisdom, maybe then I wont be struggling so hard in this wilderness of life. I love the psalm above which portrays the way David was seeking God. Thinking about him, pondering about his truths, clinging to God, thirsting for Him.... if only I could be like that... possibly then I can sing with joy. 

Are you seeking God?... seek Him and He will be found by you.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like seeds, with each kind word a flower will bloom and the wind will blow petals your way, I love reading your comments.